Monday, November 23, 2009

Forgetting My Camera!

It was an interesting day in the office as I feel we have tried to build a good reputation for good technical service... so when Roxie phoned the office this morning, by the time Brad was off the phone it was just another learning experience in the grand story or helping others. I don't mean to boost or be proud, but I believe schools will weather the storm. What needs remembering is we are all in the same fleet that sails the ship.

So on Friday I told Brad I was headed to the board meeting on Monday. It was going to be a short week but busy. Of course I didn't foresee myself catching a nasty cold and suffering Sunday, at work half-baked on Monday and yet productive.

I was delighted and confused tonight. The presentations to the board, there were three, were intriguing, as the night started with the public forum presented by Paul Chaffin. I wish I had his speaking skills.

We were then kicked out of the admin office to stroll across the street for the presentation from Central Elementary teachers. I was disappointed that the PLC room was not set up for the audience to more fully enjoy the lenghty barrage of educational know-how as we all stood for what seemed a 40+ minute session. The ladies who spoke during the presentation did an excellent job of describing what they do and how the pieces are to fit together in such a way that those who are ignorant might mistake their efforts as easy and uncomplicated. This multi-disciplinary project [I am thankful...] came out of one of our TRC classrooms. What an excellent model of students creating relevance in the tools from creating their avatar, to writing their story, to recording their best audio voice all wrapped up for a feast-full Thanksgiving season.

We have much to be thankful for.

p.s. I was so upset to have left my camera across the street in my computer bag. Tonight should have been filmed! :)

1 comment:

DonGuitar said...

You misspelled "fleet". Argh, I can't help it, just shoot me.